MUSIC LESSON POLICIES
We would like to bring our lesson scheduling policy below to the attention of all students and parents. Our policies are necessary to enable us to provide the best service possible for every one of our students. They keep our lesson program running smoothly and efficiently. We ask that you please take note of each of these policies and adhere to them so that we can do our utmost for each and every one of you. Thank you!
1. Lessons are scheduled for the same day and time every week. Students may choose between 30-minute lessons and 60-minute lessons to be paid MONTHLY, QUARTERLY or SEMI-ANNUALLY.
2. Lessons cannot be cancelled except with a minimum 24-HOUR CANCELLATION NOTICE, which will allow a lesson re-scheduling only within the month of payment. No refund will be given.
3. If the above 24-hour notice of cancellation is not given (in which case the instructor is required to be paid), the student forfeits the lesson without a re-scheduling and will be charged for the lesson as if they had attended.
4. Students are allowed one unexcused absence per quarter for unforeseen situations, for which a make-up lesson will be scheduled.
5. Upon enrollment, students pre-pay for the first block of lessons.
6. Thereafter, payment will be required at the last lesson of the month for the following month. For example, tuition for September lessons will be due at your last lesson in August.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CANNOT SCHEDULE YOUR LESSONS FOR THE NEXT MONTH IF THE LESSONS HAVE NOT BEEN PAID FOR IN ADVANCE, BY THE LAST WEEK OF THE PREVIOUS MONTH. WE HAVE A WAITING LIST FOR LESSONS ON CERTAIN DAYS AND NEED TO ENSURE THAT SPACES ARE NOT HELD OPEN UNNECCESARILY.
7. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, personal check, debit card or credit card. There will be a $25.00 charge added to all returned checks.
8. Students are not charged when the teacher is absent or the store is closed due to holidays, such as Labor Day, or inclement weather that is deemed a danger and/or emergency, such as hurricanes, extreme thunderstorms, and tornadoes. Simple rainstorms do not warrant missing a lesson. A credit will be issued for lessons cancelled by Village Music.
9. During school vacation weeks, Village Music will be open. Should you be away during these times, you must notify Village Music in advance, or missed lessons will be forfeited.
10. Students are required to give TWO-WEEK NOTICE when they take a vacation. All planned absences should be given to the front desk (Steve, Donna, Caleb, etc), NOT the instructors.
When a student or parent fills out and signs a registration form, they agree to the terms and policies listed above. If you have any questions, please call us at 561-798-5334 or email us at email@example.com. Thank you!